Monday, December 31, 2012

Divide 135 in 2013

Here is the challenge. Positioned by Shannon Price as the Badwater of the Rockies. The Divide 135. Why train for 100 miles when you can train for 135? What is 100 miles after all, but a random number celebrated by thousands of the most talented runners as one of the most challenging distances? What is 100 miles other than a goal just as unreachable as the Olympics for the average runner. Why aren't I training for a 100 mile race before I try 135?

Good Question.

I could say that I suffer from a deplorable lack of common sense. I could say that I have too many ultra runner friends who day in and day out perform amazing feats of endurance. I could say that deep down inside me I feel a serious need to pit myself against something that may seem impossible if you stare it in the face. I hope by the end I'll have a better answer. But step by step, mile by mile, I'm going to train for the Divide 135. Day by day, and month by month I'm going to mold myself into the runner I believe I can be and toe the line in May.

Divide 135 .... you've been called out. I'm coming. Blood, sweat and tears will be shed. It will be a battle of epic proportions.

I'm gonna Feed My Crazy.

How are you challenging yourselves? What are your stretch goals? What stars are you reaching for in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment