Thursday, December 27, 2012

Feed Your Crazy has officially begun. Thanks to Shannon Price for driving me to this ridiculous challenge. There are people out there that just secrete a chemical into the air that pushes you to believe you can do anything. Shannon has been doing this to me. And while and running through the night on Magnolia Road in 18 degree temps for 30 miles his influence overcame my good sense.
I have not even been accepted yet, but I'm planning on signing up to train for and run The Divide 135. That's right. 135 miles of Colorado glory. I've already begun training and devising strategies.

The first step was to start this blog. "Feed Your Crazy" was a collaborative idea that started because as an athlete and a runner I cannot count all of the times I've heard "you're crazy", "Dude, that's crazy"... you get the deal. Well, Shannon and I, along with ultra runners, triathletes, cyclists, kick boxers, adventure racers, martial artists, and many others believe "crazy" isn't so crazy. It's healthy. So we've started the line ... Feed Your Crazy. Because sometimes it is necessary to feed the crazy inside us. It keeps us warm when it is cold. It keeps us training when the mornings come especially early, or start a training  especially late. It keeps us fighting when people tell us that it is impossible.

135 miles? I'm gonna feed my crazy from now until May 17th. Then My Crazy is gonna keep me going.

I'll be using this blog to talk about my experience of training, sleeping, eating, and living the life of crazy. Because I still have to work, take care of my clients, love my family and support all that they are in my life. Which means Feeding My Crazy will have to happen in the early or very late hours of the day. I'm going to print my own shirts to keep my crazy happy, and to let everyone know .... yes, I know, it's crazy... and I'm feeding it.

How do you Feed Your Crazy?

2 comments:

  1. Thats a great Question? I think I forgot because I am crazy,,,LOL,,,, I will post when I remember and after I go feed my Crazy. Oh,,,I like to drum, and feel like I am in a trance,,,lol,,,,But that could be normal? Another way may be to run as many miles a day as possible in consecutive days!!!! Thats my Crazy Diet for now,,,,,I call it the Running while waking up in bed and running while falling asleep crazy. Asleep in the bed and wake up with your legs in a run with the dream,,,,, and then falling asleep while on your feet running ....Thats IT!!!!!!! The Process of the Divide!!!!!!!!!! The MInd, for me.....
    I am excited to follow you guys on this, and you have my support for long runs and Mountain Runs for Sure!!!!! Go Get Some Crazy!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude that is totally crazy and i'm so proud of you I tell everyone about your crazy so often they get sick of me!! I'm going to find my crazy goal, something that inspired me as much as this has inspired you! And I'm so glad you are blogging your adventure!

    ReplyDelete